About Me

Well, this is my blog for most of my school essays. I like to write essays so some of my posts are done on my own. I am just a normal highschooler going to a completely DIFFERENT school. It is tough learning how to go to school completely different. Well i hope that you stay my follower so you can see, LIFE ACCORDING TO ME.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My review on the Lightning Theif for the SIP

   Have you ever dreamed of being part of something bigger then life? Ever wondered what it was like to get a glympse into the world of the Greek Gods? For Percey Jackson he did. In this book this boy is found out to be the son of Posideon, the greek God of the oceans. He thought that being a demi-god, which is half mortal half god, would be the easy life. Neadless to say he soon found out it wasn't.
          Being half Posideon, Percey found a connection to water. His favorite animals were fish, his favorite sport were swimming. He seemed so different thn all of friends who liked dogs and playing basketball. Once he found out he was the son of Posideon he was relieved to know the reason for him being different. Once this is found out all of his problems seem to get even bigger. For protection he has to go to a camp for all of the demi-gods. Once he gets there all of the battles begin and the action starts to happen.
          This book is a mix of action yet it has a meaning to it. The meaning I found to be that no matter how different you are, that you should be happy. Also i found that this book means that being what you want to be, may not always be the best thing. Percey found this out the hard way becasue with being half god comes godly worries. Being a god there is almost like a scent that the evil being can smell out. The more powerful you god parent is the more powerful the smeel. Percey Jackson,s father was one of the big three so that gave him a strong scent, thus meaning that all of the evil beings were always after him.
          With being mainly about God, I find that there is a connection to my SIP. My topic for the SIP is marine biology. In this the main character has a love for the oceans. He loved the fish and the different types of sports in the water. This made me want to find out a little more about the different types of fish. i wanted to know about their adaptations. Sea life has always interested me. These are the reasons why i chose this book for my SIP. 
           I would highly recomend this book to anyone who is a fan of reading. i believe that anyone will like this book no matter what your favorite genre is. i gave this book five stars becuase this specific book happens to be one of my favorite books. If you want to read a good boook, you should pick this up from a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment